SEND Provision – Consultation with SEND Pupils and Parents/Carers
At St Joseph’s RCVA Primary School we use the following strategies to ensure that children with SEND are happy, motivated and achieve their potential throughout their time in school:
- Make close observations to identify the types of activities and experiences that most engage each child so these can be developed further and be used to inform future planning.
- Involve SEND children with planning their own activities and encouraging them to share what they would like to learn and participate in.
- Have regular meetings and discussions with parents about their child’s achievement and future targets. We strive to link this with interests demonstrated at home. a
There are a range of ways this is facilitated, for example:
- Termly parents/ carers evenings
- Ongoing discussions with a class teacher and/or SENDCO
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have
- Through a review of a child’s Short Note, SEN Support Plan or the Annual Review of their Statement of SEN or EHC Plan
- The support of our Parent Support Advisor
- Supported liaison through the process of transition between different educational providers
Please contact the school to arrange an appointment with Miss Williams (SENCO) if you require additional help or support.
Back to SEN Provision
If you have any questions about our SEND Local Offer please contact the school and we will try our best to help you.
Return to SEND Local Offer main page.